How should all businesses and organizations prepare for the future? A thoughtful succession plan is the answer. Here are some steps that companies can take to look at their bench strength and transition to the future:
- Build the team–create better working relationships to improve both individual and team performance.
- Assess the current team and ensure you have the right team members – ensure that everyone fits into your group. Develop key members of your teams with educational and leadership development opportunities.
- Analyze the organization internally and externally & create a plan – Look at your organization and its fit, within the company as a whole and also within your industry.
- Inspire others with your vision – owners should be able to depict the future vision of the organization in an inspirational manner.
- Identify and leverage the best advisors – Coaches provide balanced advice to the transitioning leader and help to validate your game plan.