Jennifer Mackin is a change agent at heart and a passionate believer that the path of development is a life-long journey. As a leader in two consulting firms- Principal & CEO of Oliver Group, Inc. and President & Partner of Leadership Pipeline Institute US-Jennifer enables companies to transform by inviting their leaders to revolutionize the way they develop people. She has a bold goal for all CEOs and other leaders to transform people who then transform businesses. As an author and speaker with over twenty-five years of consulting experience, she is a recognized leadership development influencer.
As one of few female leaders in her industry, she heads two growing national leadership consulting firms and-through Oliver Group and Leadership Pipeline Institute-has experienced teams of consultants advising businesses all around the globe. Over the last two decades, she has shared her message that leaders deserve better with CEOs, human resources managers, leadership development leaders, entrepreneurs, and other senior leaders in all major industries. She is a vital contact for leaders looking for guidance on growing businesses, succession readiness, talent retention, and leading teams.
You can learn more about Jennifer Mackin @ JenniferMackin.com
- 20 years as an Oliver Group consultant
- Oliver Group President & CEO since 2004
- Worked with executives from various industries, including healthcare, hospitality, non-profit, financial, manufacturing & distribution, and others
- Problem solving, creating and growing businesses
- Revenue growth, strategic planning, succession planning, team building and general development of people
- Speaking on various leadership topics
- Master’s of Business Administration from The Owen School of Business at Vanderbilt University
- Bachelor’s of Science in Marketing from Indiana University
- Attended Singapore University
- Greater Louisville, Inc. (Chamber of Commerce), Board Member
- University of Louisville’s Family Business Center, Board Member
- Licensee Advisory Board, PI Worldwide
Honors and Awards
- 2014 – Emerging Entrepreneur of the Year Award, Kentucky Entrepreneur Hall of Fame
- 2013 – Alfred P. Sloan Award for Excellence in Workplace Effectiveness and Flexibility
- 2012 – Enterprising Women Award, Woman to Watch, Business First
- 2008 – 2011 – Business First Fast 50 for four consecutive years (fastest-growing private company for Louisville, KY)
- 2004 – Business First 40 Under 40
- 2002 – Leadership Louisville graduate
Poor Leadership Moment
- During a company-wide meeting, I asked the team, ‘Who can name one of this year’s strategies?’ The silence I heard was the loudest indication that I had not communicated in a way that stuck with the team.
Best Leadership Moment
- One of my proudest moments was being able to rally our team around the company’s direction after our founder suddenly passed away. That first year, we grew 40% because of the team’s commitment to the organization and each other.
- Originally majored in music at Indiana University
- If I regularly get exercise, I’m a much more pleasant person to be around.